Sunday, July 15, 2007

Memoir Writing Class at NCC

From Gail Howard:

I will be will teaching a memoir writing class this fall at Norwalk Community College on Saturday mornings from 9-12. All are welcome. I hope you will spread the word.

Here are the details:
  • "Memoir Writing," is a 3-credit NCC course.

  • The pre-requisite is English 180 "Intro to Creative Writing" or Permission of Instructor.

  • I will decide whether to give permission to a student who hasn't taken "Intro to Creative Writing" based on my review of a writing sample emailed to me at ghoward@ncc.commnet.edu.

  • The cost is $358 (tuition and fees), although it may go up a bit if the State raises tuition.

  • The course is Free on a space available basis to seniors age 62 and up who register during Senior Registration on August 30, 9:30-11:30 on campus.
The course will focus on writing to understand the past and its meaning. Our goal will be to write well using techniques of both fiction and essay writing, including character and conflict, selection of detail, voice, dialog and point of view. Students will read each other's work and offer supportive comments. They will also read and reflect upon exemplary memoirs of the last 50 years.

Anyone with a question is welcome to contact me! I'll be away for two weeks, returning emails after July 30.

No comments: