Sunday, October 26, 2008

Silence Your Inner Critic -- Let the Inspiration Flow!

SPECIAL ONE-TIME EVENT

SILENCE YOUR INNER CRITIC: LET THE INSPIRATION FLOW!
With Jessica Bram


· “I’ve always wanted to be a writer but I don’t have the discipline/ I’m not good enough/ I never seem to find the time.”

· “You can’t make any money as a writer, so why bother?”

· “I would write my story but what if my mother/husband/friends ever read it?”

· “Writing doesn’t flow naturally for me … that must mean I’m not really a writer, right?”

Sound familiar?

Successful writers are plagued by all of these doubts, and more. But what makes them successful is persistence and the willingness to put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) nevertheless.

In this three-hour interactive workshop, successful writer, NPR commentator and popular writing teacher Jessica Bram will tackle these doubts and more head-on. In interactive discussions and supportive, inspiring writing exercises, Jessica will guide a small group of aspiring writers through the steps to enable them to silence their inner critics and unlock the floodgates of their creativity.

As Founder and President of the Westport Writers' Workshop, Jessica Bram’s personal mission is to empower people to fulfill their deepest desires to write. She frequently addresses writers’ groups and consults with writers to help them break through writer’s block, silence their inner critics, and allow them to overcome all those doubts that prevent them from fulfilling their writing talent and potential.

Here's what people had to say after Jessica's workshops:

"I attended your recent "Silence Your Inner Critic" workshop at the Fairfield Library. I wanted to let you know how valuable it was for me. Ever since then I've continued to write the first draft of a children's fantasy book using your guidelines. The empowerment you spoke of is happening for me. I thank you so much!
--Robyn Boccardi, Fairfield

"Jessica, thank you again for your inspirational talk, "Silence Your Inner Critic, Let the Inspiration Flow". I needed to hear the part about writing being hard work! I sat down as scheduled today for two hours to write, and it really helps to have a schedule, as you said. Again, many thanks for your encouragement." --Maurya C. Keating, Fairfield


Someone is going to be published. It might as well be you!


WHEN:
Saturday, November 15
9 a.m. to 12 noon

WHERE:
32 Webb Road, Westport
COST: $125 or Early Bird Registration: $95 if paid by October 31.

MAXIMUM CLASS SIZE: 8
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Please contact Jessica Bram at (203)227-3250 or jessica@westportwritersworkshop.com
# # # # #

No comments: